skip to Main Content

Anyone who becomes aware of concerns of abuse must report those concerns as soon as possible and in within one working day. In the first instance you may need to report the information verbally. If in doubt, report sooner rather than later.

Members of Public

Members of the public should report Safeguarding concerns about people with care and support needs to

  • the relevant Council Customer Services or
  • the Police if a crime is suspected (Tel, or dial 999 in an emergency).

For Professionals

To make a referral, please use the referral form below

Protect the Person:

Your immediate duty is to protect the person with care and support needs, seek any emergency help and report the concern.  Call 999 without delay if the adult requires urgent Medical Attention.  If the adult is in danger of repeated significant harm or has just been the victim of a serious crime – call the police 999.  Tell the emergency service that the person is an adult with care and support needs

Report the Concern:

The concern must be reported to the relevant Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) by telephone, secure email or fax using the Safeguarding Adults Referral Form

Professionals should also inform their line manager or their agency’s safeguarding manager and follow their agency’s procedures.


Customer Services (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 1pm on Saturday)

Telephone: 0345 045 5202

Fax: 01480 498 066


Minicom: 01480 376 743

Text: 07765 898 732



Peterborough Customer Services  – 01733 747474 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)


Children’s Social Care MASH – 01733 864170 or 01733 864180 (Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm).

Early Help Helpline – 01733 863649

In an emergency, outside office hours: If someone is in danger and unable to protect themselves or cannot remain in the community without immediate intervention telephone: 01733 234 724

If there are any concerns for the safety of any children: these must be referred to children’s MASH

Translate »
Back To Top
×Close search