Please be aware that the course will have explicit content which some participants may find distressing.
Any child, young person or teenager could be at risk of Child Criminal Exploitation. This introductory courses explores what is Child Exploitation (both Sexual Exploitation and gangs) what are the risks posed and how to safeguard our young people from exploitation
- To provide an awareness of :- what Child Exploitation is, the definition we use and to explore the different types/models of Child Exploitation
- To give participants an overview of the signs and indicators of Child Exploitation.
- Increased understanding of the legal framework surrounding Child Exploitation and Child Abuse.
- True consent
- Introduction to the referral process.
For participants, at the end of the session to be aware of:-
- What is Child Criminal Exploitation, definition and types.
- The potential signs of exploitation from the changes in behaviour.
- Legal issues and legislation surrounding Child Criminal Exploitation.
- The referral and risk management process to safeguard children and young people.
Both Cambridgeshire and Peterborough practitioners
This course is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with children and young people; for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding and for those who hold positions as professional advisors. (i.e. Groups 2, 3 and 4).