Please be aware that the course will have explicit content which some participants may find distressing.
To enable practitioners to recognise and respond to the signs and symptoms of child neglect and ensure that the needs of children and young people are assessed in order to prevent long term consequences on their health and welfare.
At the end of the session delegates will have had an opportunity to:
- Be able to recognise and respond to the signs and symptoms of child neglect
- Understand the long-term consequences of neglect on children and young people
- Understand why parents are not always able to meet the basic needs of their children
- Be able to assess the needs of neglected children and analyse risk
- Enable practitioners to recognise the constraints within their practice that prevents them from responding appropriately to the needs of neglected children.
Both Cambridgeshire and Peterborough practitioners
This one day course, is for all those who work regularly with children and families, and/or adults who are parents/carers who have a greater degree of role accountability and responsibility for safeguarding children’s welfare (Groups 2 and 3). Also relevant for managers who have responsibility for staff supervision (outside of Children’s Social Care) and who wish to refresh their knowledge.