- To provide an awareness of the grooming processes involved in Child Criminal Exploitation and Child Sexual Abuse.
- To provide an awareness of “gangs” and county lines
- To explore the use of social media and technology used in Child Criminal Exploitation.
- To explore the Impact of Child Criminal Exploitation on children and young people.
- To enable delegates to improve their confidence and working practices in relation to using the joint referral form and risk management tool
- To introduce delegates to the management structure of cases within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- For participants, at the end of the day to be aware of
- The grooming processes used in Child Criminal exploitation and Child Sexual Abuse
- What are “gangs” and “County Lines”
- How social media and new technology impact on CCE
- The referral and risk management process undertaken in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- The management process undertaken when dealing with CCE
Delegates will be shown the referral process and the completion of the risk management tool through a series of case studies and learning will be supported by a member of the Missing, Exploited and Trafficked (MET) hub who will be on hand to talk through next steps, responsibilities etc.
Both Cambridgeshire and Peterborough practitioners
This Level 2 course is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with children and young people; for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding and for those who hold positions as professional advisors.