To improve practitioners understanding of their role in a child protection conference.
By the end of the training session participants will:
- Begin to understand the concept of significant harm
- Begin to understand the multi-agency dimensions of child protection.
- Have contributed to writing a report for a mock child protection conference
- Have had an opportunity to participate and observe a “mock” child protection conference
- Understand the need to present information in an accurate and succinct way
- Understand the need to prepare parents/carers/children and young people to promote their meaningful participation in the conference
- Understand the purpose of Core Groups and your role with them
Peterborough practitioners only
All Practitioners, Managers and Volunteers, who regularly work with children and young people and adults who are parents or carers and who may be asked to contribute to assessments of Children In Need or attend a child protection conference. Those attending should have previously completed Introductory Safeguarding Training and the Legal and Professional Framework Surrounding Child Protection Course. Groups 2, 3, 4 & 5.