skip to Main Content

What is Safeguarding?

You may have heard people talk about ‘child protection’. Child protection is when people are worried that a child may be being hurt by someone. A social worker’s job, with the help of other workers like the police, health visitors and teachers, is to stop children from being hurt. Safeguarding looks at what needs to happen to keep children and young people safe.

What is Abuse?

The Government has published a guide for young people to explain what abuse is and how to keep children safe. Young Person’s guide to keeping children safe

How does the LSCB work to keep children safe?

The role of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough’s Local Safeguarding Children Board is to make sure agencies are working together to safeguard children and young people and make them safe. It is our job to work hard to make sure that Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is a safe place for children and young people to grow up.  The CPSCB has an independent person, who asks lots of questions of agencies to ensure that what they do to safeguard children and young people works. The CPSCB is made up of professionals with different jobs including: police, doctors, social workers, and teachers, we call these our partners. The partners meet regularly to check, and if needed change practice, to make sure the needs of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough’s children and young people are met in the best possible way.

The Government has published the guide below for young people to explain how adults and professionals are expected to work together to protect and safeguard children. Young Persons Guide to Working Together to Safeguard Children (PDF, 2MB)


You can contact Childline about anything. No problem is too big or too small. Whatever your worry it’s better out than in.”

You can contact Childline by phone, email, text or via a message board. To phone call 0800 1111. They have a video that shows you what happens when you contact them and lots of ideas and information about keeping safe. Their website is at


Back To Top
Translate »
Skip to content