Aims & Learning Outcomes:
Where neglect of children is identified as a factor within the family, to enable professionals to;
- Use the new format Graded Care Profile (GCP) to assess the extent of neglect, and to monitor and evidence any improvement or deterioration.
- Identify / evidence any child protection and safeguarding concerns.
- To use the GCP to prepare and plan interventions for working with children, young people and families to address concerns around neglect to support realistic and sustainable changes.
- Identify when progress is not being made and the possible reasons for this.
- Understand the evidence that the Graded Care Profile could provide within a referral.
Cambridgeshire Practitioners Only
This half a day course is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with children and young people and for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding. (Groups 3-5). The GCP is designed to be used by any professional in any agency working with a family where there is a concern about the care of the children (0 – 17 years). It is relevant to Health Professionals, Early Help, Education, Think Family and Children Social Care.