The number of children in care placed in unregulated settings has increased from 2,900 in 2009 to 6,490 in 2020. The Department for Education wants to ensure these placements are of good quality.
The Department for Education are seeking views on proposed standards for unregulated provision for looked after children and care leavers aged 16 and 17.
This consultation invites views on:
- the key indicators of whether a provider is delivering ‘care’ or ‘support’
- how best to define this provision in future and whether ‘supported accommodation for older children’ is the best descriptor
- what the best provision in this sector looks like and therefore what needs to be accounted for in new national standards
- a proposed suite of national standards
- how settings should be regulated by Ofsted
This consultation is being held on another website and there is a separate version of this consultation aimed at children and young people.
This consultation closes in