As some of you may already be aware, a decision was made last year to move to a single assessment tool for child neglect across Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. Research was undertaken and a decision was made at the Safeguarding Children Partnership Board that the Graded Care Profile would become the single tool for assessing neglect across the county.
From today, 1st March 2021, the Graded Care Profile will become the single tool available for use to assess neglect in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, replacing the Quality of Care tool currently used by Peterborough based practitioners.
You can find the following resources on our website to support the introduction of the Graded Care Profile across the county:
- The Graded Care Profile Tool
- an interactive training resource (Sway) based on the workshops that were delivered on the Graded Care Profile
- a ‘checklist’ for Neglect, based on the format of the Graded Care Profile. This additional resource may be used by those agencies for whom it would not be appropriate to complete a full Graded Care Profile.
These tools and resources can all be found here: https://safeguardingcambspeterborough.org.uk/children-board/professionals/child-neglect/
In addition, we are taking this opportunity to promote the use of:
- the Domestic Violence Risk Identification Matrix DVRIM to support assessment where domestic abuse is a safeguarding factor: Domestic Violence and Abuse | Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Partnership Board (safeguardingcambspeterborough.org.uk)
- and the Exploitation Risk Assessment and Management Tool to support assessment and intervention with young people vulnerable to exploitation: Exploitation | Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Partnership Board (safeguardingcambspeterborough.org.uk)